Congratulations Troy!

wordpress-postBrNxOT

Here we catch up with Year 13 Troy Wilson, one of five regional recipients of the McKee Charitable Trust Tertiary Scholarship.

What was your reaction to hearing that you’d won the scholarship? 

I was very chuffed and thankful, still am.

Has it started to sink in now?

It has now but sometimes I take a step back and see how big this is for me and feel overwhelmed and grateful.

What and where are you planning on studying next year?

I’m studying at Victoria University of Wellington for a Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in management and marketing.

Have you got any ideas of where you would like this to take you career-wise in the future?

I haven’t thought specifically about what I want to do but I would love to run a business. I’m just looking forward to the journey ahead of me and to see how far I can go

Have you got any advice for those students heading into NCEA for the first time in year 11 next year?

Go hard and aim high, not just academically but in all aspects. Don’t be afraid or too shy to give new things a go because you don’t want to regret it later on.

Is there anything else you’d like to add?

I would like to thank everyone who has been a part of my journey throughout Nayland College. The students are lovely people, making for an overall positive culture within the school. A big thank you to the teachers who have gone out of their way and supported me and other students. It has made a massive impact on my life.

By Nayland College Official