2024 Teaching Vacancies
We are seeking passionate and creative teachers to join our school in 2024.
Nayland College is a progressive co-educational school located in the beautiful city of Nelson, giving you the opportunity to teach whilst having access to all the natural beauty and lifestyle options the Nelson/Tasman has to offer. We are a Microsoft Showcase school and were a finalist in the 2019 Prime Minister’s Education Excellence Awards.
Click on the links below to download an application pack:
Assistant Head of Mathematics (2MU, 1MMA)
- Full-time | Permanent (closes 12pm Tuesday 28 November)
- Application Pack Assistant Head of Mathematics
Teacher of Technology (Hard Materials - Metal)
- Full-time | Permanent
- Application Pack Teacher of Technology Metal
Teacher of Mathematics
- Full-time | Permanent (closes 12pm Friday 24 November)
- Application Pack Teacher of Mathematics
Teacher of Social Sciences
- Full-time | Permanent (closes 12pm Monday 27 November)
- Application Pack Teacher of Social Sciences
Successful teaching applicants will:
- Enjoy sharing their skills and knowledge in innovative ways to help students reach their full potential.
- Work collaboratively with their skilled colleagues in a supportive learning area.
- Be student-focused.
- Recognise and value the importance of embedding Mātauranga Māori within the curriculum.
- Be adept at using technology when and where appropriate to enhance teaching and learning.
- Enjoy mentoring and developing young people.
The college’s values of success, opportunity, ako and respect underpin our teaching and learning and your commitment to those values through our PB4L and restorative practices is an expectation. As a school we are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and to our vision of ‘toitoi manawa;’ inspiring, engaging and empowering learners to soar high and reach their full potential.
Applicants must be NZ registered, fully conversant with the NZ Curriculum and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
2024 Support Staff Vacancies
Fixed term (30 Jan 2024 - 13 Dec 2024) | Part-time (27.5hrs/week, term time only)
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic person to join our hardworking learning support team. This person will contribute to our positive culture and understand how strong relationships enhance personal growth for young people. The successful applicant will have proven experience in providing support to learners with identified needs and must have sympathy for the needs of young people, showing initiative and independence in meeting those needs. The ability to communicate with both learners and staff is essential.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. A satisfactory NZ Police Vet will be required before commencing work.
- Application pack_Learning Assistant 2024
- Applications close 12pm Friday 24 November
Please direct all inquiries to:
Sarah Luton (PA to Senior Leadership Team)
Address: 166 Nayland Road, Stoke, Nelson 7011
Phone: 03 547 9769 ext 800