Over the past few weeks there have been some outstanding results for Nayland College teams and individuals.
Congratulations to the following individuals and teams.
Tasman Volleyball Junior Championships
- Junior Girls teams placed 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th.
- Junior Boys teams placed 2nd and 3rd.
Tasman Volleyball Senior Championships
- Senior Girls A team placed 1st and won the Tasman Volleyball Association Secondary Schools Championship trophy.
- Senior Boys team placed 5th.
Tasman Secondary Schools SUP (Paddleboarding) Championships
- Nayland Girls relay teams placed 1st and 2nd.
- Josephine Tappenden placed 1st.
- Shinaye Toms placed 2nd.
- Xanthe Robb placed 3rd.
South Island Secondary School Open Water Swimming Championships
- Alec Swan – 2nd in 5km Open Water Sea Swim
South Island Secondary Schools Mountain Biking Championships (Methven)
- Xanthe Robb – placed 2nd in U16 Girls downhill and 2nd in Girls Enduro race.
- Nico Schroder – placed 2nd in U14 Boys Enduro and 4th in the U14 Boys downhill.
Tasman Secondary Schools Athletics
- Zane Van Ham 3rd U14 Boys 1500m, 3rd U14 Boys 400m
- Josephine Tappenden 1st U14 Girls 400m
- Ellie Beever 3rd U14 Girls 400m, 2nd U14 Girls long jump
- Micayla Whiti 1st in U15 Girls 100m, 1st U15 Girls 200m
- Olly Johnson 2nd U14 Boys 3000m
- Savanah Ngawhau 3rd U15 Girls 200m
- Lincoln Tamatea 1st U14 Boys shotput, 3rd U14 Boys discus, 2nd U14 Boys high jump
- Connor Johnson 1st U19 Boys discus,
South Island Age Group Track Competition (Invercargill)
Mikaela McDonald represented Nelson and achieved the following results:
- 2nd 500m Time Trial U15
- 1st 3000m Scratch U15
- 2nd Derby U15
- 2nd Team Sprint with Tasman team mate Florence McNabb U17
- 3rd Elimination U15
Summer Challenge (Women’s Adventure Race)
Ella Dawson, Ruby Fullerton and Erica Batchelor won the 3 hour competition. They were the only school team so they won that category, but they also won the overall 3 hour competition (75 teams in total)! The finished in 3 hours 1 minute and 10 seconds.
By Nayland College Official